New still from Season 2
New still from Season 2
(so, please, let me show you.)
What’s the matter? What happened?
There’s just nothing for me here.…There’s me.
Why In the Flesh should be saved:
- Its portrayal of discrimination is one of the most realistic I’ve ever seen in a piece of media (specifically when it comes to homophobia & mental illness)
- Even when dealing with such serious subject matter it manages to strike a balance between tragedy and comedy so it’s not a continuous bombardment of depression & darkness
- Several well written female characters. This seems like a baseline requirement for any show but it’s ridiculous how many shows and movies never achieve this. But on itf we have Amy; who is given her own narrative that doesn’t revolve around the main character, Jem; who we clearly see struggle with PTSD but is never seen as weak because of this, Maxine Martin; who could have been portrayed as 100% evil with no redeeming characteristics, but instead is a charismatic, complex woman who won’t let anything get in the way of her achieving her goals, and several other characters with memorable personalities.
- A main character who is queer. LGBTQ+ representation is increasing in the media but all too often these characters are merely token secondary/minor characters or their entire character revolves around their sexual orientation. This is not the case with this show!
- There is too much that can be covered in this show and so many questions that need answered for it to be cancelled now. It’s done so much good with just a mere nine episodes, think how far it could go with double that amount (or even more). We could discover more about the lives of other undead people, the changing opinions of the public, watch Simon & Kieren’s relationship evolve, FIND OUT WHAT IS GOING ON WITH AMY DYER.
- BASICALLY I’LL PROBABLY GO MAD IF I NEVER FIND ANY OF THIS OUT. THERE IS JUST TOO MUCH POTENTIAL IN THIS SHOW AND IT WOULD BE TRAGIC IF IT WERE WASTED.
get to know me
[1/10] favourite male characters: kieren walkerI’m just a person who didn’t wanna do any more harm. Don’t start getting all mystical on me, okay? I’m not the messiah. I don’t have any special powers.
Amy once asked me how many miles would I have to go before I could be okay with myself. I thought I’d have to go ‘round the whole world. I don’t think that anymore. I’m okay here.
I’m not one of those people who thinks that what we did was alright because it was necessary for our survival, or that we were somehow an advanced species, so killing the living doesn’t count. It does count. I did kill her. And all I can say is that I would have done anything to have stopped it.